Please find attached an update from Pritesh of the Bury Council ‘Live Well’ Service, I hope that you find it useful.
Also please note that the yard sale which was planned for the Old School tomorrow (15th May) has once again been cancelled due to the forecast of bad weather.
Hi to you all,
Hope everyone is keeping safe and well. Please see some updates below which I hope are useful or of interest
- First vaccinations are now open to anyone aged 38+, registered with a Bury GP and haven’t yet been vaccinated. Appointment are available from today (13/05) at Ramsbottom Civic Hall and appointments can be booked here
- Latest Bury Update (07/05) is attached above and includes information about Vaccinations, rates, testing, support & Community Champions
- This week (10th – 16th) is Mental Health Awareness Week and more information about it and support available can be found at the link. Please also remember that Bury does have a Getting Help Line should you or anyone you know need it; The number is 0161 464 3679
- Julie from our Social Prescribing Team has shared the latest Beacon Box. Attached is the latest monthly version which is focusing on Mental Health and is full of activities that you or residents could do.
- Free Adult Safeguarding Training is available in June. More details in the attached email
- Community Champions – The opportunity to become a Bury Community Champion is still open, please see more information below and share with your groups and networks. The more we have the better for our town and residents.
COVID-19 and the various measures taken to manage the virus and protect us continue to impact everyone in Bury. You may have heard about the increasing covid infection rates in Bolton and elsewhere and you may have been asked questions in your community about this.
It is now more important than ever to ensure that Bury residents stay up to date with the latest guidance and advice, which aims to keep everyone as safe as possible, so Bury Council is recruiting some Covid-19 Community Champions. The COVID-19 Community Champion network is made up of volunteers from all areas of the borough who will help residents to stay up to date with the latest information about Covid-19.
What does a Community Champion do?
Bury Public Health will keep COVID-19 Community Champions informed of the latest advice and guidance, hold exclusive webinars and Q&A sessions and enable you to ask the Public Health Team questions. This will help your family, friends and other community members to make sense of the latest facts and guidance about the virus.
What we ask our COVID-19 Community Champions to do
We would like them to share this reliable and up to date COVID-19 information with anyone in their network- family, friends and community. By receiving trustworthy and clear information regularly, Bury residents will be able to make more informed choices, as we ensure the safety of the public and manage the pandemic.
Please note that being a COVID- 19 Community Champion is not an enforcement or regulatory role.
We would like you to consider becoming a Community Champion or asking people you know to join the network.
For further information please see the links below:-
To Sign up to be a Covid 19 Community Champion, please click on the following link and complete the online form
I look forward to seeing you soon,