As we are expecting the lock down restrictions to lift later this month, it is time to discuss how we are going to adapt the ‘Cuppa and a Chat’ sessions.
These are going to continue as follows:
- Thursday afternoons from 2 – 4pm
- Still 3 volunteers to run each session (making a brew and chatting with visitors)
Things which will change and require further planning:
- No restriction on numbers so larger room to be arranged
- Tables and chairs will need to be set out and put away on a weekly basis. Graham Haworth and Nicky have offered to do this every week but we will need a couple of people to cover when they have holidays, for example.
- Invitation open to the whole community, this will mean picking up and dropping off residents who may require a lift
- Once a month we will offer a little more than a chat, some form of entertainment e.g. (The Strummers are happy to play). Even an ‘Afternoon Tea’ is on the cards.
In order to help with the organisation of these sessions we are looking for someone or a team of people who would be willing to work together to do the planning. There are already people willing to give residents a lift to and from the Old School, but this may be something you wish to consider. And of course we have our regular helpers already, but we will need to know how regular you wish to help, weekly, fortnightly, monthly?
If you feel you are able to help in any way please come to a meeting at the Old School on Thursday 15th July at 4pm, just at the end of the weekly Cuppa and a Chat session. If you are unable to attend but would like to help in some way, then please email me your availability and how you wish to help.
Thank you once again for your help over the last four months, I look forward to seeing you next week. If you know of anyone who would like to be part of this volunteer group then please bring them along.