News from The Tottington Centre March 2022.
Opening Times for borrowing books and for computer access:
- Monday to Friday 10.00am – 5pm. Saturday 10.00am – 1pm.
- Monday to Friday: 10.00am – 4pm.
- Saturday: 10.00am – 1pm.
Donations poured into The Tottington Centre by the carload!! On one day alone, our volunteers drove to the Polish Centre ten times with all your donations. Volunteers worked in the evenings too, dropping off much needed supplies for Ukraine. Some volunteered at the Polish Centre, helping to sort through bin bags and to load up boxes into the lorries.
The Tottington Centre was proud to help and to be part of the community.
A special thanks must go to Bob Duckworth. He came into the Tea Room (with his dogs) hoping for a sit down and a drink. Little did he know what was in store for him! Bob saw the boxes and bags all over the reception floor and in an instant walked back home, drove his van around to us and offloaded a van full of donations at the Polish Centre.
Thank you for helping us out, Bob. Did you ever get your sit down and drink?
Thank you for supporting Our Big Book Sale.
- Did you enjoy the books you bought?
- Were the jigsaws fun to do?
- Did you win plenty of chocolates in the Chocolate Tombola? If you did – did you save it or eat it all in one go? Were you “chocolated” out!!
- Did you win the Mother’s Day Hamper or any of the other raffle prizes? Lucky you if you did!
- Did your children like the activities put on for them?
Thank you for supporting us: for spending your money with us; for supporting The Tottington Tea room; for donating books and jigsaws – without these there would not be a sale. Keep the donations coming in please so that we can have more days like these.
Over the two days you helped us to raise over £1200. Thank you.
PS With some of the money raised we were able to buy a selection of brand-new Autobiographies/Biographies. They are on the display stand as you enter the library. Read about how footballers weren’t always millionaires; Tom Daly’s fantastic achievements and how Kate Garraway coped with her husband’s illness, to name but a few.
Fun Wine Tasting Fundraiser.
- Tickets for this event, Saturday 28th May, will be on sale early May.
- There will be a light supper and a raffle too.
- Looking forward to seeing you then.
Our Tottington Village Fete Saturday June 25th 2022.
- Fingers crossed that this will be a lovely sunny day. We are planning a day of family fun and games. The Tea Room will be open and we are planning a BBQ too. There will be our book stall, our jigsaw stall and our volunteers will be running children’s activities.
- There will be craft stalls too.
- If anyone would like to have a stall on our carpark on Saturday June 25th, the cost is £20. Please bring you own tables and a gazebo might be a good idea to protect yourselves from the sweltering sun or the pelting rain!!
- Application forms for a stall are available by calling in at The Tottington Centre or by email: i[email protected]. Sorry – outside stalls only.
- So that’s Saturday June 25th from 11.00am – 4pm.
Our Everyday Fundraising Events.
- Please save any used/empty inkjet cartridges. We will collect and recycle for the fundraising team. Again, thank you for your support with this.
The 100 Club – continuing to be a source of income for us:
- Thank you so much for continuing to support The Tottington Centre’s 100 Club. You can join this fundraising draw by paying £5 a month or £60 a year, whichever suits you best. Packs are available via email: i[email protected] and we will send them out to you or pop in for a pack. The draw takes place on the third Friday of the month and the winners are announced on our social media platforms, our website and in this newsletter.
- Latest results for the February draw:
- 1st prize Number 4 wins £105
- 2nd prize Number 32 wins £52.50
- 3rd prize Number 48 wins £17.50
- If you are one of the lucky winners, your cheque will be in the post and the cheque can be deposited into your bank account via the Post Office.
Children’s Activities in the Library – Session Times.
Craft Sessions – Term Time:
- Monday – Thursday: 3pm – 4.30pm: Saturday – 12-1pm
NB Craft Sessions – Over the Easter Holidays:
Monday – Thursday: 2pm – 4.30pm: Saturday – 12-1pm
Easter Egg Decorating Competition:
- Come along to any Children’s craft session from March 21 to take part. There are prizes for three age groups:
- Under 5
- 5 – 7
- Storytime: Wednesday and Thursday – Storytime at 2pm
- Friday: Lego Club 3pm – 4.30pm
- Starting on Saturday April 2nd , there will be a Saturday morning Children’s Book Club.
- This will run from 10am on the first Saturday of each month.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Recommended reading age for the children is 8+.
- We are continuing to support Porch Boxes. Please place any donations in the donation box in the porch. On Saturday, 9th April, from 10.00am – 11.00am, we will be hosting their Easter collection in our car park.
IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE FURTHER COPIES OF OUR “NEWS FROM THE TOTTINGTON CENTRE” – JUST CLICK THE REPLY BUTTON AND PUT UNSUBSCRIBE IN THE SUBJECT AREA.