Please find attached the latest COVID update from Bury MBC
Good Evening all,
I just wanted to share some of the latest updates with you all for the last week.
- Bury’s latest update (18.02.2021) attached. This includes updates around vaccinations, current rates that seem to have stopped going down, testing, local support and the Community Champions programme which is due to be launched soon.
- Some updated guidance on carrying out work in homes can be found here if required. This is directly related to those who are self isolating or shielding. Relevant to landlords & tenants too. Although not a widespread issue at all, this is just shared to provide any clarity if residents aren’t sure.
- Updates include:
· No work should be carried out in a household which is isolating because one or more family members has symptoms unless it is to remedy a direct risk to the safety of the household or the public.
· For households in which one or more people are shielding, any non-emergency work should only be undertaken at the discretion of the individuals concerned and anyone entering a CEV household should take significant precautions to prevent infection.
- Fuel Hardship – for any residents facing fuel hardship or worrying about paying their fuel bills, it is important to note the Clinically Extremely Venerable (CEVs) residents who have been asked to shield can contact their energy suppliers to be added to their Priority Services Register which means they could be eligible for additional support. More Q&A information attached.
- Date for your Diary (& please share) – Bury North Community Hub would love it if you could join us on zoom for an informal coffee and catch up. We will be talking about what funding is currently available for community groups and how we can support each other with funding applications and work together to support our communities in Bury North. You’ll also be able to meet Becky Smyllie, Bury VCFA, Funding and Development for Bury North who will be working with community groups in the area. Come and join us on Friday 5th March 11:00am – 12.00pm. Please come along and say hi and please share with lots of other groups & organisations who support our residents in Bury North (Ramsbottom, Tottington, North Manor & Elton). Zoom link to follow
Many thanks, and hope you had a good weekend
Bury North Community Hub / Bury Live Well Service