Please see the latest news from Tottington Centre. It is great to see everything up and running again.
Newsletter from The Tottington Centre October 2021.
Opening Times for borrowing books and for computer access:
- Monday to Friday 10.00 – 5pm. Saturday 10.00 – 12 noon.
Opening Times for The Tottington Tea Room:
- Monday – Friday 10.00 – 4.00pm.
Dates For Your Diary in October.
- This is a major fundraiser for The Tottington Centre and it’s back! The questions have been set, the supper planned and the venue booked. Now all we need is you!
- Tickets are £8: included in the price is a supper – vegetarian option available.
- Tickets are now on sale in The Tottington Centre – payment by card or cash.
- When you purchase your tickets, please could you let our volunteers know if you are opting for the vegetarian supper. If you have already bought tickets please can you let us know if you are opting for the vegetarian supper.
- There is a bar on the night, plus stand up Bingo and a raffle.
We hope to see all our friends and supporters there. Enjoy!
Porch Boxes: This Saturday 2 October from 10 – 11am in our car park.
- The Tottington Centre continues to partner Porch Boxes to help support the local community and they are collecting for Autumn/Harvest time in our car park on the above date. There is a poster in the library and on social media which lists essential foodstuffs so desperately needed. Donation points are also at Morrison’s in Ramsbottom, at Tesco’s in Ramsbottom and at Tesco’s Bury. Their Facebook page is: https://m.Facebook.com/porchboxes and Twitter at Tweet us:@porchboxes.
Knit and Natter: Wednesday 13 October on Bury Market.
- Knit and Natter will be on their stall in Bury Market on 13 October, selling amazing handknitted goodies. A spot of early Christmas shopping maybe?
- Support them if you can as they will be raising money for Bury Hospice and us once more.
Children’s Activities Are Back!
- To coincide with National Libraries Week (4 – 10 October) we are relaunching our Children’s Activities sessions from Monday 4 October. We know that you have missed them and so have the Activities Team. They can’t wait to welcome our young members back.
- Monday – Thursday: 3-4.30pm
- Wednesday and Thursday: Storytime at 2pm
- Friday: Lego Club 3-4.30pm
- Saturday: 10 – 12 noon
Important changes to Children’s Activities:
- All sessions will need to be prebooked. Booking forms are in the library with a phone number for booking these sessions or you can just pop in and prebook in person. Whatever is easiest for you.
- Call in for more details. A voluntary donation of 50p would help cover the cost of materials for the activities. Thank you.
- Activity Packs are still available to buy for £1. Keep a look out for new ones – you may spot Halloween and Christmas packs coming soon.
A Date For Your Diary in December.
The Tottington Christmas Fayre: Saturday 4 December 10 – 4pm.
- You will find all you need for Christmas here at The Tottington Centre on Saturday 4 December.
- You will be able to buy Christmas/Winter themed books and jigsaws as presents for family and friends. Or treat yourself and settle down to a good book or to a brain stimulating jigsaw over the Christmas period.
- Handcrafted Christmas cards will be on sale.
- Glittering, glamorous jewellery will be on sale.
- Other stalls are being booked and more details will follow.
- There will be a raffle, a tombola, activities for children and much more.
- Keep a look out on our social media sites for further details.
Other activities in the Tottington Centre.
- To mark National Libraries Week, (4-10 October) we will be displaying the best Crime novels of the last two years, including books from the Gold Dagger Award and from the British Book Awards. Many of these books have been donated by you, our members. We have also been able to buy brand new Crime fiction because of the money raised at our book sales. Without your support we would not have been able to do this. Also during October, our book sale table will feature Crime, Mystery and Thrillers.
- Next month the theme will be Remembrance and Local History.
- The Men’s Club still has spaces. It runs every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month from 10.30 – 12 noon. Call in at the Centre for details.
- Book Group. On Tuesdays. If you are interested in joining this, please call in at the Centre and one of our volunteers will take your contact details and the organiser of the Book Group will contact you.
Room Hire at The Tottington Centre:
- We are taking bookings for our Bronte and Dickens rooms. The rate is £10 per hour for Community groups/Individuals or £12.50 per hour for Commercial groups/Individuals.Please call in to pick up a booking form.
The 100 Club – continuing to be a source of income for us:
- Thank you so much for continuing to support The Tottington Centre’s 100 Club. You can join this fundraising draw by paying £5 a month or £60 a year, whichever suits you best. Over £2000 has been given away as prize money in the last 12 months and we have benefitted by £2000 too.. Are you one of the lucky winners? Would you like to be? Packs are available via email: i[email protected] and we will send them out to you or pop in for a pack. The draw takes place on the third Friday of the month and the winners are announced on our social media platforms, our website and in this newsletter.
- Latest results for the August draw:
- 1st prize Number 22 wins £103.50
- 2nd prize Number 13 wins £51.75
- 3rd prize Number 17 wins £17.25
- If you are one of the lucky winners, you cheque will be in the post and the cheque can be deposited into your bank account via the Post Office.
- Please save any used/empty inkjet cartridges. We will collect and recycle for the fundraising team. Again, thank you for your support with this.
The Tottington Tea Room.
- Don’t forget to pop in – you will receive a warm welcome from Rebecca and James. Not only that but the food is delicious. You can book tables and takeaways too.
IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE FURTHER COPIES OF OUR “NEWS FROM THE TOTTINGTON CENTRE” – JUST CLICK THE REPLY BUTTON AND PUT UNSUBSCRIBE IN THE SUBJECT AREA.
PS Our friends at the Tottington and District Horticultural Society would like to invite you to a talk by George Pilkington on “Gardening for Wildlife: Give Them a Home.” This will be on Wednesday 13 October at 8pm at Greenmount Old School.
Best wishes, from Friends of Tottington Library (FOTL)
Contact us at:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 07902 671040
Address: The Tottington Centre, Market Street, Tottington, Bury BL8 3LL
Thank you for your donations to help support the Centre and Library:
Just Giving: www.justgiving.com/friendsoftottingtonlibrary