The Greenmount Helpers service, adapted to support our community during the coronavirus crisis is now up and running. To summarise the activity over the last five days
- An information leaflet has been printed and distributed to almost 1500 homes in our area (attached)
- A phone line has been established, manned from 9am until 3pm, 7 days a week
- Several calls and texts have already been received covering various requests, requiring information and also offers of help
- We now have 20 volunteers based in our community
- A major concern is the lack of on-line food ordering slots, in response we have created a list of food suppliers in our area who can either deliver telephone orders or provide a collection service (attached)
The list of local food suppliers was created today and hand delivered to those people who were running low on food and did not know how they were going to cope. If you are aware of other companies who provide food delivery and pre-paid collection services then please ask them to email [email protected] so that they can contact us with their list of services and then be added to the list.
Thank you to all those who have assisted so far, we can get through this as a community.
Please stay safe during this crisis, stay indoors to protect yourself, others and our NHS
Additional documents can be obtained here: